The Center for Government Excellence (GovEx) at the Johns Hopkins University is seeking an experienced Program Coordinator to manage the coordination of, GovEx programs. This role will include collaborating and coordinating with numerous GovEx external stakeholders, internal teams across centers, philanthropies, NGOs, and local, national, and international governments, to bring organizational discipline through program management, routine reporting, and high-quality customer service to these diverse groups.
GovEx empowers the public sector through expertise, training, research, analysis and collaboration. We help governments and NGOs learn to leverage data to make better decisions. We are looking for an experienced Program Coordinator who will help us build reliable and user-centered products, while working on a dynamic, cross-disciplinary team. In partnership with the Management Team and the Academic Curriculum Manager, the Program Coordinator will work to support and coordinate the efforts of multiple GovEx programs that work with public sector leaders across the globe.
This position reports to the GovEx Deputy Director and works closely with the staff of GovEx’s along with associated centers, especially the Bloomberg Center for Public Innovation. The Program Coordinator will support the Management Team in managing the delivery of GovEx programs by: coordinating communication and collaboration internally across centers and externally to executive participants and partners; tracking program feedbacks and evaluation, metrics, deadlines and deliverables; and assist in the development, execution and fine-tuning of programmatic operations through policies, procedures, and processes.
The Program Coordinator will support the Academic Curriculum Manager in organizing, delegating, and following up on the tasks given to the instructional leadership team in order to track the development of the work plan and provide updates to the funder. The Program Coordinator will also assist with research as it relates to program design and delivery, coordinating the communication efforts between GovEx and external partners.
GovEx is committed to working with communities that are focused on ending legacies of structural, entrenched racism and oppression. The Program Coordinator must be willing to think about reimagined city halls and engagement models through the lens of dismantling these legacies.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Program Coordination (60%):
- Collect and analyze data, create reports, review and explain trends to support marketing, admission, program delivery, and program design for online education in a data driven way. This includes gathering data from our learning platform and analyzing it using Excel and/or Google office products.
- Support the Management Team as well as the Academic Curriculum manager in navigating the lifecycle of a project through initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and control and closing by using agile or waterfall methodologies as needed.
- Scheduling, creating agendas and facilitating meetings using agile methodology values, principles and practices.
- Assign tasks to internal teams and assist project teams with removing project roadblocks by using informal authority, delegation and agile values.
- Tracking and monitoring the progress of projects and preparing personalized status reports for key stakeholders.
- Conduct and synthesize research in conjunction with the Management Team on relevant topics.
- Collect and analyze data, create reports, review and explain trends to support marketing, admission, program delivery, and program design for online education in a data driven way.
- In conjunction with the Management Team, synthesize observed and relevant enhancements to the program to reflect current best practice for data use and management.
- Translate requests into technical requirements and processes for the management team, staff, etc.
- Identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve partner experience, and drive growth.
- Align team level goals with operational and company wide goals and objectives.
- Administer coordination under the GovEx program management framework.
Partnership/Client Coordination & Management (25%):
- Manage relationships and coordinate activities with diverse partners including internal teams, philanthropic organizations, NGOs, and governments.
- Balance external partner requests with internal capacity and coordinate timelines across projects.
- Represent GovEx to internal and external stakeholders; Manage the international aspect of the program by corresponding with external partners across the globe.
- Make suggestions on the collaborative approach with the University and other institutions.
Administrative Duties (15%):
- Perform routine administrative functions as needed, including scheduling and document management.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Conduct outreach and outline desk research as it relates to best project design/practices around data and performance management and executive education.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
Our Program Coordinator is a detail-oriented, confident, and collaborative professional with:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline.
- Three years experience.
- Additional education may substitute for experience the extent permitted by the JHU Equivalency Formula.*
** Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
- Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM).
- Three years experience in program coordination or product/project management.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of successful projects throughout their lifecycle.
- Motivated by data and government impact with interest in advancing social justice.
- Experience and exposure in local government administration.
- Experience working with national and/or international public sector employees.
- Understanding of data and performance management concepts and usage in non-profit settings.
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Agile project manager with the ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to develop strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to external partners and internal management.
- Experience negotiating strategically and engaging in difficult conversations.
- Willingness to push-back and providing justification and support.
- Proactive learner with a consistent, keen awareness of all aspects of Executive Leadership Project.
- Resourceful, independent thinker with Strong client-facing and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse audiences and in a dynamic organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite Proficiency using project management software such as Asana and Slack.
- Commitment to a collegial workplace.
- Ability to work independently and in a result-oriented environment.
- Familiarity with learning management systems, particularly TalentLMS.
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems.
- Interest in government and public sector, particularly with regard to data usage.
Technical Qualifications or Specialized Certifications:
- Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM).