Data privacy and security have been and continue be a huge conversation in the government data world. What data are sensitive? Do governments need to collect all the data they have? How do governments protect their data and residents once they do collect the data? We explore these questions and more on this week’s Data Points.
To dive into these topics, we assembled a panel of experts from GovEx and the District of Columbia government.
- Rebecca Williams – Senior Advisor at GovEx working with cities across the country and who has a variety of experience with local and federal government agencies.
- Emily Shaw – Our newest GovEx team member, Emily was formerly with our partners the Sunlight Foundation and is an expert in data management policy.
- Darby Hickey – Senior Legislative Analyst for Council Member David Grosso in the District of Columbia who has experience at the Open Technology Institute and also works directly on these kinds of issues for the DC Council.
Like Data? Listen and Get in Touch
You can find updates to the podcast in several ways.
- Look for us on iTunes as GovEx Data Points
- Find up-to-date episodes on our website at http://govex.jhu.edu/podcast
Get in touch with us and let us know what you want to hear, suggest potential episodes, and give us feedback on how the podcast is going. You can contact us on Twitter at Gov_Ex or reach out via our website at govex.jhu.edu/contact.