Research Intern (2018-2019)
The Center for Government Excellence seeks a part-time (15-20 hours per week) Research Intern who will support the work of the GovEx Applied Research program from September 2018 through May 2019. This position reports to the GovEx Director of Applied Research.
The Research Intern will support the Director of Applied Research on a wide range of projects across sectors, strengthening cities’ ability to leverage research, and developing approaches tailored to the challenges of civic work. Qualified candidates must flourish in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
Specific responsibilities for a Research Intern include:
- Conduct analysis for research projects using the appropriate methodology
- Collect, clean, and analyze data from city governments, national surveys, longitudinal studies, etc
- Conduct literature reviews from appropriate sources
- Summarize and present project results
We seek an energetic, engaged person with outstanding writing and interpersonal skills. Qualifications include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in mathematics, statistics, policy, or a related field
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Familiarity with applying survey methodology and/or qualitative data collection methodology applied to policy research or evaluation
- Self directed nature, with an ability to work in teams
- Familiarity with quantitative analytical methods and working with and understanding complex datasets
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
To apply for the Research Intern position, please submit a current resume and cover letter explaining your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business August 17.