Apply today and become part of our team! We are currently hiring for:
DATA & ANALYTICS INSTRUCTOR
GovEx is seeking a Data & Analytics Instructor responsible for the development and delivery of trainings to build data skills in the public sector. The Data & Analytics Instructor delivers high-quality training in both online and in-person formats, while working across all GovEx programs to ensure consistent and training content and delivery. With deep knowledge of data issues in the public sector, the Lead Trainer focuses GovEx’s training work on meeting the needs of our unique learners.
The Instructor works individually and collaboratively to develop and deliver trainings in content areas aligned to GovEx’s training delivery model including data management, analytics, and community engagement. The Instructor has experience delivering training for public sector employees and will often be working hand in hand with those employees to design and deliver content. The primary focus is on sustaining and scaling GovEx trainings to ensure we meet the demand for data services for public sector employees. Our ideal candidate has at least four years of experience working with dynamic teams, is comfortable teaching both in-person and online, possesses subject matter expertise in data and government, and is able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Specific responsibilities for the Data & Analytics Instructor include:
- Deliver online and in-person quality training to public sector employees focusing on data management, analytics, and community engagement
- Develop media products for use in courses and websites including video, audio podcasts, and graphics
- Create online teaching certificate modules including development of advanced modules
- Develop successful working relationships with internal and experts to develop cutting edge content
- Collaborate with staff on the effective use of instructional design strategies, web-based resources, multimedia technologies, and to improve teaching and learning in any delivery mode
- Consult with GovEx subject matter experts to ensure instructional integrity of course development projects
- Serve as a subject matter expert for students
- Support implementation, administration, and evaluation of day-to-day activities of online education programs
- Continuously gather stakeholder feedback on training programs and make adjustments accordingly
- Support the GovEx team to tailor existing learning materials and content to meet general market as well as specific client/funder needs
- Support GovEx’s efforts to gradually incorporate new techniques and learning modalities for instructional design and learning
- Function as a staff resource and consultant for internal GovEx education
Learn more and apply for the Data & Analytics Instructor position here.
COMMUNITY OF PRACTICE MANAGER
GovEx seeks a full-time Community of Practice Manager who will support the development and management of virtual communities of practice. Participants in GovEx communities are representatives from governments, nonprofits, and school districts who are working in a specific policy area and wish to advance their practices through peer learning, coursework, and engagements with subject matter experts.
This position works individually and collaboratively to build high-quality experiences for applied research and training program participants. The primary focus is on creating and managing processes and protocols to help grow GovEx’s emerging programs including applied research, training, and technical assistance. The Community of Practice Manager will collaborate with a variety of stakeholders both inside and outside GovEx, so excellent customer skills are critical to success. Our ideal candidate has at least two years of experience working with dynamic teams, managing membership organizations, is interest in a variety of public policy areas, and possesses ability to manage projects for long-term success.
Specific responsibilities for a Community of Practice Manager include:
- Design and launch community programs in alignment with grant and organizational goals
- Create processes and protocols for to ensure excellence in programs, products, and deliverables for GovEx networks programming
- Develop strategies, toolkits, and related materials to help grow networks programing
- Lead horizontal teams to create trainings and learning materials
- Lead and oversee online and in-person network convenings
- Analyze and use data to evaluate networks programs and make informed decisions for program evolution and adaptation
- Serve as the primary point of contact with members of virtual communities (such as economic mobility and opportunity youth)
- Contribute to content development, including coordinating with subject matter experts to schedule presentations
- Collaborate with Director of Applied Research and communications team to capture and share successes of communities
- Manage and promote engagement on community discussion boards, including adding topics and monitoring responses
- Promote engagement within and between community members, including informing participants of upcoming opportunities, such as webinars and assignments
- Provide feedback to community members on completion of assignments
- Becoming familiar with community members, including their needs and challenges
- Serve as front line support for community member issues, ensuring their needs are met including promoting these to other members of the GovEx staff or external experts
- Meticulously tracking interactions within the communities of practice, analyzing these and developing suggestions for future activities
- Ensuring high retention rates within the community
- Work with Measurement and Evaluation Officer to develop instruments to track satisfaction and success of participants
- Collaborate with Director of Applied Research to develop topics and content on an ongoing basis
- Coordinate with Training team to align community needs with course offerings
- Conduct outreach to expand communities of practice at regular intervals, including developing outreach materials and identifying opportunities to collaborate with partner organizations
- In concert with Director of Applied Research, develop resources for community members based on discussions, survey results, and schedule of presentations
- Produce and edit documents, work plans, reports, and presentations to ensure high-quality work products
Learn more and apply for the Community of Practice Manager here.
Employment page updated 3/21/19