GovEx Senior Implementation Advisors are core to the implementation of data management, performance management, and data analytics in all What Works Cities and across GovEx’s portfolio. Senior Advisors play a critical role delivering world class client services and resources to city leadership.
To support the implementation of data management, performance, and analytics practices in 100 US cities, Senior Advisors serve on the frontline coordinating efforts with mayors’ offices and city leadership. GovEx Senior Advisors are subject matter experts who guide the research and analysis necessary to determine cities’ facility to use data and evidence in decision making and operational functions. They also work hand-in-hand with city leadership to build and advance its data management, performance, and data analytics practices.
Specific responsibilities for Senior Advisors include:
- Provide direct, on-the-ground technical assistance to city practitioners implementing data management, performance management, and data analytics programs
- Serve as a subject matter and political context expert
- Support GovEx Directors in developing a repository on best practices and new trends in the datausage by governments
- Facilitate city-to-city collaborative learning and other peer networking opportunities
- Support the development of materials presenting trends and results seen in cities
- Manage day-to-day relationships and communications with cities
- Supervise data analysis and maintenance
- Work in collaborative teams
Special Knowledge and Skill
- Experience working in government, public policy, public administration, or a related field
- Capacity to thrive in relationships with leaders in the civic sector
- Ability to represent GovEx and its partners before mayors and other city officials
- Strong understanding of quantitative research methods, and the ability to work with and understand, complex datasets
- Familiarity with statistical software packages (e.g., R, STATA, SPSS)
- Commitment to a collegial workplace
- Ability to work independently and in a result-oriented environment
- Excellent writing skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, or comparable software
- Familiarity with statistical software packages like STATA, SAS and SPSS and
- Ability to create data visualizations in D3.js, RStudio and/or Tableau
- Knowledge of open-source relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL, and open sourceprogramming languages such Perl and PHP
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) such as ArcGIS or QGIS
Apply for the Senior Advisor position here
Center for Government Excellence Analysts (JHU REQ: Research Data Analysts) are core to the implementation of data and analytics practices in all What Works Cities and across GovEx’s portfolio. Analysts play a central role in the Center’s research, analysis, and administrative operations.
To support the implementation of data and performance management in at least 100 US cities and a number of international cities, GovEx is seeking a dynamic individual with a deep interest in helping governments leverage data and analytics.
The Analyst will support the work GovEx undertakes with with Mayors’ offices and city leadership. He or she will play a central role in the Center’s research, analysis, and administrative operations, including facilitating city assessments and supporting the establishment of open data and performance management services.
This position reports to GovEx’s Director of Cities and Director of Data Practices.
Specific responsibilities for an Analyst include:
- Conduct analysis of city data;
- Provide research and analytical support to GovEx Directors, Senior Advisors, and city service teams;
- Assist cities by supporting and providing coaching of their analytical work and other needs; and
- Perform routine administrative functions as needed, including scheduling and document management.
We seek energetic, engaged professionals with outstanding writing and interpersonal skills. Qualifications include:
- An undergraduate degree;
- Excellent writing and research skills;
- A commitment to a collegial workplace;
- Ability to work independently and in a results-oriented workplace;
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and WordPress;
- An understanding of quantitative research methods, and the ability to work with, and understand, complex datasets;
- Familiarity with statistical software packages (e.g., R) and databases (such as MySQL), and open source programming languages such Perl and PHP, is a plus.
Apply for the Analyst position here